United States Department of Agriculture
Natural Resources Conservation Service
Soils Go to Accessibility Information
Skip to Page Content

Official Soil Series Descriptions (OSD) with series extent mapping capabilities


OSD Fact Sheet

Database Access

Recommended Citation

When referencing the online Official Soil Series Description information in publications, the following citation is recommended:

Soil Survey Staff, Natural Resources Conservation Service, United States Department of Agriculture. Official Soil Series Descriptions [Online WWW]. Available URL: “http://soils.usda.gov/technical/classification/osd/index.html”  [Accessed 10 February 2008]. USDA-NRCS, Lincoln, NE.